Okay let me tell you something.
If you’ve been up since 6am studying for an exam you had at 8am then went directly into counseling a client then went straight to another class until later afternoon, these muffins are for you!
Okay, even if you didn’t do all of that you’ll probably like them. But I can speak from experience that they come in especially handy in the aforementioned situation.
They’re packed with delicious pumpkin-y flavor (which also adds a nice dose of alpha-carotene, a carotenoid that converts to retinol which is a form of Vitamin A), crunch from the walnuts (which are a great source of Vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acid), fluffy whole wheat pastry flour (which packs a good fiber punch!) AND greek yogurt! Not too bad for this one tiny little package, right?!
Totally worth packing for a snack or enjoying for breakfast one morning!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup earth balance, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease 12 (3-inch) muffin pan cups.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and all spices
- Beat together eggs, yogurt, melted earth balance, vanilla, sugar and pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Stir in dry ingredients all at once just until moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from cups and cool on wire rack.