You guys know I’m a big fan of the black bean/corn/sweet potato combo. And while it’s an awesome flavor combination on it’s own, the creamy, avocado yogurt sauce takes the whole thing to a new (more delicious) level.
This meal is wonderful for several reasons – it’s quick to pull together, it’s incredibly filling and it packs lean protein, veggies, whole grains, dairy and healthy fats all into one bowl.
As far as I’m concerned, there’s nothing better a dish can bring than that!
I also recommend topping with some reduced fat Mexican blend cheese and hot sauce and serve with blue corn chips!
- 8 ounces of farro, cooked according to instructions
- 1 cup of corn (I used frozen yellow corn that I heated)
- 1 cup of black beans (I used canned, low sodium or no salt added, drained)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/3 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt
- Optional: reduced fat shredded mexican blend cheese, cilantro, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with tin foil
- Dice sweet potatoes and move to baking sheet lined with foil
- Coat sweet potatoes with olive oil and roast for about 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Meanwhile, cook farro according to package instructions
- Heat corn and black beans then combine with cooked farro
- Toss in roasted sweet potatoes
- In a food processor, process greek yogurt and avocado together until smooth
- Drizzle or dollop over the bowl of farro
- Top the rest of the bowl with optional ingredients