this easy veggie-filled bowl comes together in all of 15 minutes, pairing a few fresh veggies with pantry items for a weeknight meal the whole family can get behind!
If you saw my last post then you know that my goal was to start to get through my overabundant pantry stash of quinoa so this dish should come as no surprise!
I had some leftover black beans, corn, onion and zucchini from these delicious enchiladas that I made last week so I threw them into a sautee pan along with some garlic, spices and leftover yellow pepper (from this easy summertime confetti salad!) and pulled out my remaining quinoa (after making this cherry nectarine & almond spinach quinoa bowl) and was off to the races!
I love this bowl because it’s as filling as it is easy to make. You’re getting plant-based protein, fiber, heart-healthy fat and a whole load of nutrients. As an extra bonus, it’s also pretty dang beautiful to look at.Print
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped, de-seeded bell pepper
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1/4 cup diced cooked sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- Olive oil
- For serving: lime wedge, avocado, hot sauce, plain greek or skyr yogurt, fresh cilantro, salsa, cotija or mexican blend cheese
- Place a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil
- Once oil is hot, add onion sautéing until just soft (about 3 minutes) then add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute or until it’s just fragrant.
- Add prepped veggies to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes (or until just tender) then add black beans *see note #1
- Sprinkle veggie and bean mixture with spices, salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is warmed through
- Serve over quinoa and top with desired toppings
- I like to mash half my black beans to add a different texture to the dish
- For even more heat, feel free to add a de-seeded, sliced jalapeno pepper to the mix
Keywords: dinner, grain bowl, gluten-free, vegetarian
You Might Also Like:0