this no-bake s’mores pie is as easy as it is delicious. it comes together in just minutes and then the refrigerator does the rest of the work! a great treat to welcome warmer weather.
This easy pie is a staple in our house. My brother-in-law has been making it since I was a teenager and it’s not a family celebration if it doesn’t make it to the table.
It’s super hands-off and really easy to make but oh-so delicious.
You can make it in a matter of minutes and because it’s mostly hands-off, it makes the perfect recipe for these ever-increasing temperatures!
Honestly, the graham cracker/chocolate/marshmallow combination is pretty hard to beat. It’s what makes s’mores so great…and mallomars (which, has anyone been able to find them this year?? I’ve looked every time and been out of luck…thinking I have to create my own at home…)
Combine all that into a pie and you’ve got a very tasty, perfect-for-summer bite. Made only better by the fact that it’s no-bake.
The chocolate layer is ultra creamy with goes perfectly with the crunchy graham crust and gooey marshmallow topping. I’ll be honest, cutting into this with the marshmallow is NOT the easiest (it gets a little sloppy, though still tastes delicious!).
If that’s not for you, you can absolutely opt for whipped cream (maybe they make marshmallow-flavored whipped cream!? If they don’t…dibs on that idea!)
I know they absolutely DO make marshmallow-flavored ice creams and gelatos, so you can also choose to serve this up on with a big old scoop of that on the side.
No matter how you choose to do it, I promise the flavors of this baby will not disappoint! Happy eating 🙂Print
- 1 block silken tofu
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (more or less for desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9” graham cracker crust (or make your own and press it into bars or a cheesecake mold like I did!) – see note
- Toppings: toasted marshmallows or whipped cream, or serve with some marshmallow ice cream!
- In a stand mixer, whip silken tofu for 5-7 minutes (an electric hand mixer will also work)
- While tofu is whipping, add chocolate to a non-stick pot and place over the lowest heat possible. Stir constantly (to prevent burning) until a few chunks remain then remove from heat and stir vigorously until you’ve reached a smooth consistency
- Add melted chocolate to the stand mixer with the tofu and beat for another 5 minutes on medium high (or until a super smooth consistency has been achieved – the more you beat it, the more smooth it will be)
- Add the filling to the graham cracker crust and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours (ideally overnight).
- Top with marshmallows then place under the broiler for a few minutes or use a kitchen torch to toast.
- Place back in the fridge for a few minutes to allow the filling to set up before slicing.
To make your own graham cracker crust, simply combine 2 cups of crushed graham crackers with 1/2 cup melted butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Press into your desired container and refrigerate for up to 1 hour to allow it to set.
Keywords: pie, s’mores, tofu, vegetarian, no-bake