Week number 3 of the Weekly Meal Plans for January!
Missed weeks one and two? Catch up here!
Just want to reiterate what I mentioned in my Instagram stories: I’ve tried to include more portion sizes but please, please, pleeeaase know that this meal plan is not meant to be prescriptive, it’s more a way to inspire you to get in the kitchen and give you some ideas for balanced meals. Add and subtract to this plan as needed to meet YOUR individual needs!
- 2 breakfast tacos served with an orange
- Fruit & nut overnight oatmeal – combine 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons maple syrup and stir. Refrigerate overnight then top with 1 diced apple and 1 tablespoon walnuts in the morning.
- 1.5 cups whole grain cereal with 2/3 cup milk and 1 cup grapes
- 1 serving 4-ingredient green smoothie topped with 1/3 cup nutty granola
- 1 bowl of cinnamon-kissed pear, toasted walnut & honey oatmeal
- Roasted Veggie & Quinoa Bowl topped with 2-3 tablespoons Cilantro Lime Cashew Sauce served with 1 cup grapes- recipe makes 2 servings
- 2 slices of Easy Veggie-Packed Mexican Casserole served with an orange
- Winter Kale, Quinoa, Fruit & Nut Salad w. Feta – recipe makes 2 servings
- Roasted Veggie & Quinoa Wrap served with a pear – use above recipe but roll up 1/2 cup of the veggie & quinoa mixture, 2 tablespoons feta cheese and 2-3 tablespoons cilantro lime cashew sauce into a 1 whole wheat wrap (I like Mission or Trader Joe’s)
- 1 serving of Double Bean Corn & Avocado Salad paired with an apple
- Apple, sliced and topped with cinnamon sugar (if you don’t have this, you can make it with 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup hummus with 1 serving whole grain pita chips (see package for serving size recommendation)
- 6 oz. greek or skyr yogurt topped with sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter & 2 teaspoons jelly on 1 slice of whole grain bread
- 1/2 cup grapes with 1/4 cup almonds
Note: Feel free to add additional fruits or veggie servings to these snacks if you feel you need a little more! Read more about my snacking philosophy here.
- Brown rice burrito bowl – 1/2 cup brown rice topped with 1/3 cup black beans, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup tri-colored pepper slices peppers, 2-3 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Mexican blend cheese, 1/4 avocado, lettuce & hot sauce served with 1/3 cup blue corn chips
- 1 turkey or Veggie burger (such as on a whole wheat with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion slices, ketchup and mustard (to taste) served with 1 serving baked sweet potato fries (homemade recipe here or I like Alexia brand)
- 1 cup whole wheat mac and cheese (I like Annie’s) with 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 2 slices of Easy Veggie-Packed Mexican Casserole
- 1 serving of Parmesan & Panko Breaded Chicken Breast Dinner (sub meatless chicken tenders such as Gardein for a vegetarian option)