Zucchini bread has been on my bucket list foreeeeever now and I’m so glad I finally got around to it!
I wanted to make one that was on the healthier side (basically something that was acceptable enough to eat for breakfast 😉 ) so I swapped the regular flour for whole wheat to add some fiber, added in yogurt and sprinkled it with walnuts!
It’s moist, heart and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Everything you could want from a zucchini bread and more. I’d recommend topping it with a little yogurt if you miss that cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 container plain 4% siggi's dairy
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 finely grated medium zucchini
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Fold in walnuts then the grated zucchini.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of the bread.
- Place loaf pan on a wire cooling rack for 30 minutes before removing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
adapted from siggi's gluten-free zucchini spice bread