these easy at-home açai bowls come together in a matter of minutes, are loaded with nutrition and a perfect way to beat the summer heat!
Can you believe that I only ever had my very first açai bowl THIS summer??
I definitely can’t – especially after having one. I’ve been missing out my entire life!!
If you follow my Instagram stories then you know that we were at a wedding in Delaware in July and while we were there I got an açai bowl that was INCREDIBLE.
One bite in and I walked back over to the guy who made it and (obviously) made him tell me everything that they put into it because I knew I needed to re-create it at home!
I’m happy to report that I followed his instructions to a T and it came out exactly like theirs!
Really, you can blend up the açai pack (I used this one) with any of your favorite fruits, nut butters & seeds. To me the key the açai bowl is layering the granola on the bottom.
I can’t believe I haven’t thought of doing this with my regular smoothies – it’s seriously the best because then you get a scoop of granola with every bite, without it all flowing over the side of the bowl.Print
all you need are 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this easy at-home açaí bowl and you’ll swear it was made at your favorite local joint.
- 1 packet unsweetened açaí (I used this one)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 – 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1–2 tablespoons nut butter
- 1/2 – 1 cup milk (more or less as needed to achieve desired texture)
- For serving: 1/2 cup granola, shredded coconut, sliced fresh strawberries, sliced fresh bananas and nut butter
- Add açaí, banana, strawberries & nut butter to a blender and blend.
- Stream in milk until you’ve reached your desired consistency (more milk for a thinner texture, less for a thicker texture).
- Layer granola into a bowl then top with açaí mixture. Add additional toppings as desired and enjoy!
Keywords: breakfast, smoothie bowl, açaí