Another crockpot success!
I’m really growing to love this thing that does all the work for me. I chop some veggies, add some broth and spices and have meals for the week!
There’s just nothing better when you have an insanely busy schedule than a meal that comes together quickly, hits most of the food groups and makes a good amount so you can eat it all week.
Plus, with the weather dipping into the 30s, these warm and comforting dishes are just perfect.
Topped with some shredded parmesan and served with triscuits, it’s a meal that can be had at lunch or dinner.
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 3/4 medium onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, washed, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks of celery, washed and diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 15.5 ounces canned Great Northern beans
- 3 large handfuls of kale, washed, stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 3-4 mild Italian chicken sausage links, sliced
- Combine all ingredients except the tomato paste and chicken sausage into the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking (or in the morning if you're leaving overnight) add in tomato paste and chicken sausage
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve with bread or crackers!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light's Slow Cooker White Bean Soup